* Features in this section are limited to those with administrative-level access
- Grant other staff members and volunteers Dashboard access and have the option to send email invitations to use your organization's Dashboard.
- Manage your organization’s public information. This includes your Petfinder Home Page, Organization profile information, policies and fees, and photos.
- Manage your organization’s account information, data sharing, and account settings.
The SETTINGS menu is where you will manage much of your shelter or rescue group's public information, such as your Petfinder Home Page Locations, Contacts, Custom URL and more. Below is an overview of all the functions you'll find in the SETTINGS menu.
SETTINGS: AN OVERVIEW
Organization & Home Page - This is where you can enter basic information about your shelter or rescue group as well as update your Petfinder Home Page. Click here for help managing your Petfinder Home Page. To access Organization information, click Settings, then Organization & Home Page.
Contacts & Access - Manage your group's contacts from the All Contacts view. Here, you can expand each entry to see more information, or click into a specific contact to make edits or updates. This is also where you can add or revoke account access. To access Contacts & Access, click Settings, then Contacts & Access.
Locations — Here you can add, edit, or update your location information. If your shelter or rescue has multiple locations (such as foster homes), entering the location information will make pet listing simpler and will also help insure that your pets are posted accurately on Petfinder. To access Locations, click Settings, then Locations.
Home Page Photos – Photos uploaded here will appear on your Petfinder home page. To access Home Page Photos , click Settings, then Home Page Photos
Account — This is where the less commonly accessed items are stored. The privacy settings on your organization's data, the ability to deactivate your shelter or rescue group's Petfinder account, and your latest automatic pet import status. To access Account information, click Settings, then Account.
Contacts can be assigned different levels of access to your Petfinder Pro Dashboard account. You can grant contacts read-only, editor or administrator level access. BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Contacts can be accessed by clicking Settings, then Contacts & Access.
- Each organization must have one primary contact who will be the point person for Petfinder staff related requests.
- The Contacts section displays the contacts listed for you organization, the data associated with the contact’s email address, and their assigned permission level.
- When adding a new contact to your account, you have the option to invite them by email.
- A contact may be assigned to a particular pet listing or listings in order to be the point person for adoption inquiries.
ABOUT USER PERMISSION LEVELS When assigning a contact a permission level, they will have access to your organization’s Pro Dashboard so they can read, edit, or manage aspects of the account. The exception to this is the No Access level, which allows a person to be listed as a contact for a pet and receive Petfinder Pro emails, but does not allow them access your group's Dashboard. As an administrator, you can assign permission levels for other users under Contacts & Access. There are 4 different ACCOUNT PERMISSIONS:
- Administrator - Contact has full access to all features.
- Editor - Contact has full access to modify pets, events, organization contacts and locations.
- Read Only - Contact has access to view all features, but can not edit.
- No Access - Contact has no access to the account but is listed as an available contact and still receives Petfinder emails, such as the monthly newsletter.
ADD A CONTACT & INVITE THEM TO CONNECT To grant a contact access to your organization's Dashboard:
1.Click ADD A CONTACT and enter the email address associated with the individual’s My Pro account. (Found under Personal Information in My Pro.)
2. Fill out the form, and click SAVE.
3. Set the level of user permissions you’d like to assign: No Access, Viewer, Editor, or Administrator.
Select SAVE CONTACT to grant them access and send them an invitation to connect by email.
NOTE: If their My Pro account uses the same email address, they will automatically be granted the level of access you have specified. If they are having trouble accessing your shelter or rescue group's account, you might want to reach out and double check that their email address is the one in their personal account.
EDIT AND UPDATE A CONTACT When updating a contact's email address, make sure the contact doesn’t lose access by: 1.) Sending an invitation to the updated email address 2.) asking the contact to update the email address in their My Pro account to match the email address you have entered.
NOTE: Updating a contact’s email address can cause problems with their ability to access the Dashboard, since it is the email address that associates the contact’s account with the organization.
1. Select the contact to update and click EDIT. This will take you to the Contact Editor view.
2. Make edits in Contact Editor.
3. Enter updates, choose SAVE.
A success message will confirm that the individual's contact information has been updated.
REVOKE ACCESS / REMOVE A CONTACT From Contacts & Access in the Settings menu:
1.Select the contact to remove.
2. Select DELETE from the EDIT drop down on the right.
3. CONFIRM the deletion.
A success message confirms that the individual's access has been revoked and their information removed from the system.
Sharing Organization & Pet Data
In the Account menu, administrators can opt into sharing their shelter or rescue group's data with a Pet Listing API, which gives developers and Petfinder Partners access to Petfinder pet data. The API can power things like mobile apps and other sharing tools, so opting in can mean some great additional exposure for your adoptable pets.
Pro Tip: Opting in can be a useful way to get your pets extra views, since it allows other websites and applications to feature your listed pets automatically.