On Petfinder, use photos and videos to promote your pets to the public. When creating pet listings, you can add photos and video when you first start, or you can come back and edit or add at any time. Photos are not required to post a pet on Petfinder, but they certainly help get pets adopted!
PET PHOTOS AND VIDEO
On a pet listing: Post up to 6 photos for each pet (or 5 photos and 1 video). This can be managed in the Pet Listing Editor.
FILE TYPES, SIZES, AND QUALITY
Photos: JPG, PNG, GIF, or BMP. 25 MB max.
For good quality, use a photo that is at least 570 pixels wide; for better quality, use one that is at least 1000 pixels wide.
Video: .asf, .avi, .dv, .flv, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, RealVideo (.rm), .qt, .vob, .webm, .wmv. 25 MB max. We currently only support one video per pet.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN Updates made to photos or videos for a pet already appearing on Petfinder will be updated on our site immediately, once they're saved.
You can add a photo or a video by uploading a file from the file picker on your computer or mobile device.
In Pet Listings choose a pet listing and click EDIT.
Go to the Photos & Video section of the editor.
2. Select the Upload (Photo/Video) button from the top of the photo editor.
3. Select a photo or video file from your device. A purple progress bar will show it is loading.
4. When the bar disappears and your pet appears, the upload is complete!
5. Now you can add another media file or continue filling out this listing.
To embed a link, videos must be hosted elsewhere, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or other hosting service.
Currently, we are not able to support embedded videos from Facebook or YouTube "shorts". Until we are able to support this YouTube format, please do not use links from the YouTube mobile app. Instead, go the YouTube video in your web browser and copy/paste the link to the video to embed into your pet listing.
1. From the photo editor, select EMBED (VIDEO LINK) button
2. Paste the URL that links to your video. NOTE: You do not need include the full embed code, you can simply use the URL that links to your video.
3. Select ADD VIDEO to embed it, or CANCEL to return.
When you have more than one photo for a pet, you can pick a primary photo to appear first in Petfinder's search results.
Choose the photo you’d like to set as the primary. You will see a blue outline when it is selected.
3. Choose MAKE PRIMARY.
The photo will now be marked PRIMARY.
Now, you can add another media file, edit this one, or continue filling out the pet's listing.
Removing Images & Video
NOTE: There are no draft or holding states for photos or videos. When you delete a photo or video it is permanently removed.
Select a pet profile photo.
To REMOVE it, select the "trash" icon to the right of the photo.
3. A confirmation will appear. Select DELETE to permanently remove the file.
4. Your image will now be removed from the pet listing.