The Petfinder Pro Dashboard allows you to post adoptable pets to Petfinder and share them on social media, all from within your account. Though there are many features that will help increase your pets' visibility, ease the adoption process, and save you time, this page will give you an overview of the fundamentals: logging in, posting a pet, and a few other often-used features.
Petfinder Pro Dashboard Fundamentals
The Petfinder Pro Dashboard will allow you to post a pet to Petfinder, update your pet listings, share your pets on social, manage your organization's Petfinder homepage and more. The Pefinder Pro Dashboard is also mobile friendly! To manage your account or add pets from a mobile device, simply visit the Petfinder Pro homepage (http://pro.petfinder.com) and click "Log In". It's as easy as that!
Note: Logging in with a shared Shelter ID is no longer supported. For the security of your account, we ask that each person accessing an organization’s account log in using their email address and password.
1. If you do currently have access to a shelter or rescue group's Petfinder account, Log In to your My Pro account.
2. If you have access to more than one shelter or rescue group account, sign in then choose an Organization’s Dashboard to view.
DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE ACCESS TO AN ACCOUNT? SIGN UP!
1. If you do not currently have access to a shelter or rescue group's account, you will need to register for a My Pro account.
2. After registering, get access to the Petfinder Pro Dashboard from your shelter or rescue group by asking that they list you as a contact within the organization's account. Once they do, you’ll receive an email which invites you to connect to the organization's shared Dashboard.
- From your shelter or rescue group’s Pro Dashboard, click Add a Pet
- Choose the animal type you'll be posting
- Fill out their listing profile and don’t forget to add photos!
∗ Pro Tip: If you need to leave a pet listing before you’ve had a chance to post it, you can find it saved as a DRAFT. Drafts can be found in the Pet Listings menu or by clicking the Drafts number from the Pro Dashboard.
- Post them to Petfinder as Adoptable.
Learn more about Adding a Pet Listing
Share your pet listings on Facebook or Twitter directly from the Petfinder Pro Dashboard!
Learn more about Sharing Pets on Social
TRACK PET INQUIRIES
Track your pets' adoption inquires with notifications and metrics on your Dashboard. - Coming Soon!
Learn more about Pet Stats and Reporting
To update your pets' pictures, click on Pet Listings then click and select a pet. Once the pet is selected, click Edit in the Photos & Videos section. Then click “Upload Photos & Videos”. Don't forget to click “Update” when you’re finished! Learn more about Adding and Editing Photos and Videos
REVIEW YOUR PETS' PROGRESS
Click Pet Listings. From here, sort and filter your pet listings to locate a pet and see his or her Total Views or Total Inquires through Petfinder. Learn more about Managing Pet Listings
MARK YOUR PETS ADOPTED!
Once a pet has found his or her new home, be sure to update their status to Adopted! Doing so will help you track your organization’s progress while celebrating your adoptions on Petfinder. Updating a pet's status to Adopted also allows adopters or visitors to our site to enjoy your shelter or rescue group's Happy Tails.